Chris' Recipes

Bon Appetite!

What Happens If You Violate A Divorce Agreement

Written By: Chris - Oct• 14•21

You could be detained for contempt of court if, after reviewing all the facts and evidence, a judge determines that you intentionally violated a valid court order of which you were aware. Contempt may include any valid court order issued as part of your family law or divorce proceedings. These include orders regarding: Asking a court to hold another person in contempt of court can be a powerful tool. There are two reasons why an ex-spouse may want to initiate legal proceedings during or after a divorce. First, it can be used as a tool to force the other spouse to comply with a legal court order. Or it can be used as a way to punish the other spouse for intentionally violating the terms of the divorce. When this happens, the judge has many options on what to do, depending on which part of the order or agreement you don`t follow. Cordell & Cordell understands the concerns of men during a divorce. While many expect to continue their lives once a divorce decree is registered, one or both spouses may not comply with the terms of the final divorce agreement. However, a family court judgment or judgment is legally binding, which means that one of the parties` failure to comply with the terms of the divorce agreement is illegal.

In this situation, it takes an experienced divorce lawyer to explore all enforcement options. If your ex has violated such an agreement, you have several options. If you don`t follow certain parts of a parenting order or arrangement over and over again, you could be in serious trouble. Try to clarify things to make your life easier. If you violate an order or agreement, first try to settle things with the other person (the law calls it the other party) yourself. Going to court can cost a lot of time and money. And it`s stressful. In addition, the court may order the former spouse to pay the other party`s attorney`s and court fees. In addition, if the violation affects the child`s access or parental rights, the court may grant additional time to compensate for the resulting lost time. .

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.